qweets

Building a gaming PC and need to know what kinda HDD's I need

Ok so on my current PC I have a 150gb raptor and just a 250gb drive for storage for games etc, "I run out of space all of the time"

This new pc is going to be my beast and I need to knwo what I should do, I'm not going with SSD as I cannot afford it but would a couple 500gb WD caviar blacks be good or can I grab just a single 2TB drive or something? I've heard its bad to have a huge drive like that for everything but I don't know why? Could someone please let me know. Do I go with a couple smaller drives or a big huge drive? Thanks

please if anyone can chime in, I just need to know what the safest and best route is.. I don't want any 10k rpm drives or ssd's just normal 7200 rpm drives. should I go for a couple smaller drives or a big TB drive? What are the Plus's and Cons to each? Thanks

I would just grab a single WD Caviar Black of suitable capacity. Keeps things simple and honestly, unless you have a buttload of concurrent accesses going on, I doubt you'd see much difference with multiple drives.

Given that a single Caviar Black 2TB is $160 and a smallish SSD like a Corsair Force F60 (60GB) is only $135 (and a 90GB is $190), I assume multiple high-performance harddisks (like multiple Caviar Black's) are not in your budget, so a single drive probably makes sense?

I'm with continuum on this. A smaller ssd plus a decently fast data drive is the way to go. I currently have all my steam files on their own HD (well, I used to... now their on their own partition on the same drive as the media files since the steam drive died.), and it works out great.