Sign in to follow this  
TSullivan

Crucial Releases New 0007 Firmware For RealSSD C300 Discussion

Today Crucial quietly released the latest firmware for the popular RealSSD C300. Aptly named 0007 (replacing version 0006) this firmware is intended to fix an outstanding issue that caused some performance issues for some users. The most common reason for upgrading to the latest firmware is if your C300 suffers from a stuttering issue that affecting some users.

Read full article

Today Crucial quietly released the latest firmware for the popular RealSSD C300. Aptly named 0007 (replacing version 0006) this firmware is intended to fix an outstanding issue that caused some performance issues for some users. The most common reason for upgrading to the latest firmware is if your C300 suffers from a stuttering issue that affecting some users.

Read full article

Just saw that the 007 update is available. I've been using the C300 256GB on version 6 for about 3 months on a Dell XPS16. The original 7200 RPM WD Caviar Black drive can't compare to the C300. While it's a speedy drive (love the boot and access times), it occasionally will stutter during just about any application. Sometimes the stutter is for a split second and sometimes 2 or 3. You can see the drive activity light steady when it stutters. I'll see if I can get to this upgrade over the next couple of days and see if the flash will correct the prob.

Excellent - that would be great. I think it's helping a lot of people, but unless you're a regular user who's paying attention, it's easy to miss or otherwise write off. The upgrade processis pretty painless.