grantallenbrown

Lenovo W520 and Intel 510 SSD Warm Reboot Issue

Hi there. i also haave a Lenovo W520, and i wanna upgrade it with SSD. any others have good recommendation.

tks in advance.

I have 2 Intel 510 SSDs in my W520 and I love it!

Lenovo has still not fixed the 30-40 second warm boot delay. It has something to do with the "Active Protection Sensor Diagnostic". At least that is the message I see for 30-40 seconds when I set the BIOS startup options to "Diagnostic".

(APS is the "airbag" function that prtotects the HDD. It is not needed for SSD, but I can't turn it off in BIOS.)

In the meanwhile I just do a cold-reboot.

I have 2 Intel 510 SSDs in my W520 and I love it!

Lenovo has still not fixed the 30-40 second warm boot delay. It has something to do with the "Active Protection Sensor Diagnostic". At least that is the message I see for 30-40 seconds when I set the BIOS startup options to "Diagnostic".

(APS is the "airbag" function that prtotects the HDD. It is not needed for SSD, but I can't turn it off in BIOS.)

In the meanwhile I just do a cold-reboot.

INTEL 510 is 2.5" SSD,right. what i need is 50mm mSATA ones.i think.

I installed the latest BIOS for the Lenovo W520, Version 1.25

The Intel 510 SSD Warm Reboot Issue still persists. :wub:

Edited by platini

I now installed the latest BIOS 1.33 for the Lenovo W520, but the Intel 510 SSD Warm Reboot Issue still persists.

I get the message "Active Protection Sensor Diagnostic Start" for 40 seconds (with the BIOS startup options set to "Diagnostic" mode).

Active Protection Sensor (APS) is Lenovo's "airbag" function to protects the HDD. (it's not needed for SSD, but can't be turn it off in BIOS.)

Lenovo does not seem to care, neither does Intel.

Edited by platini