Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Crucial m4 SSD Pricing

I just received finalized pricing information for the Crucial m4 line of SSDs, sans the 64GB. We'll update shipping dates if we hear anything - but they should be available "soon."

512GB - $999.99

256GB - $499.99

128GB - $249.99

And April 26th is the target for retail distribution of the Crucial m4.

Good to know....thanks! Any ETA on your review? I'm anxiously awaiting it as the other reviews I've seen on this SSD have run the gamut from super positive to somewhat negative. I'll be very interested to see the SR take on this SSD.

As we've posted, we're in the middle of technical issues - we could have posted a review and been first, that would have been nice, but we opted instead to work with Micron on a few issues we noticed to see if we could get them resolved. Anyway, we're probably 2-3 weeks away.

As we've posted, we're in the middle of technical issues - we could have posted a review and been first, that would have been nice, but we opted instead to work with Micron on a few issues we noticed to see if we could get them resolved. Anyway, we're probably 2-3 weeks away.

I saw that note but didn't realize the review would be that far out. However, I'm glad you're working with Micron on this as the range of reviews I've seen so far is pretty wide. With any luck, the issues you're pointing out might make this product even better.

A few weeks later now and that $250 for the 128GB makes a lot of sense. None of the other Marvell drives are that cheap and the Vertex 3 of same capacity is $300 and out of stock in most places. The $50 gap is significant enough to consider the m4, where the current pricing of other Marvell 128GB drives isn't - most are only marginally less than the V3, the Intel is actually priced higher.

Its back on the bench and we will have our final results finished and sent off to our art team this week. Right now it is #2 in the drive queue. Depending on the areas you were most curious about I could post some numbers in here before the review goes live. The drive in front of it is the 100GB SLC-based P300, which by virtue of how that drive needs to be tested has been in our lab longer and now has a slightly higher priority to get it finished.

Its back on the bench and we will have our final results finished and sent off to our art team this week. Right now it is #2 in the drive queue. Depending on the areas you were most curious about I could post some numbers in here before the review goes live. The drive in front of it is the 100GB SLC-based P300, which by virtue of how that drive needs to be tested has been in our lab longer and now has a slightly higher priority to get it finished.

Thanks for the offer but I think I'd rather wait for the full report. I have a funny feeling that it will be necessary to see the big picture to truly assess this drive.