Brian

Android Appstore at Amazon

Not sure if there are many Androiders in here, but I started messing with the new Amazon Appstore recently on my Evo. The integration isn't too bad actually, once you go through the hassle of setting up the app store to begin with. Picked up the free Rio Angry Birds of course.

I really love the emulator and free trial deal they have set up though. IMO, that's the best part about the store and a significant leg up over all others. I wonder if Apple or Google will initiate such a thing. Getting a few seconds of live interaction with a game helps make the decision easier for me, even if most are only a few bucks.

Meh, seems generic by now, but who knows. If they call it Application Store, problem solved. I'm nto sure Apple invented App, but they certainly made it popular.

Not sure if there are many Androiders in here, but I started messing with the new Amazon Appstore recently on my Evo. The integration isn't too bad actually, once you go through the hassle of setting up the app store to begin with. Picked up the free Rio Angry Birds of course.

I really love the emulator and free trial deal they have set up though. IMO, that's the best part about the store and a significant leg up over all others. I wonder if Apple or Google will initiate such a thing. Getting a few seconds of live interaction with a game helps make the decision easier for me, even if most are only a few bucks.

It's not bad at all! (DesireHD/Inspire 4G here), free apps everyday never hurts. :P Although it does have its qirks, like when you click on the free app of the day it immediately goes through the purchase and download process. As for trying out apps, android market have a 15 minutes return period for app purchase as far as I know.

I'm waiting for it to become available outside the US...

It's not too hard to get around if you want to check out the app store and grab some free apps. :D They have some straight froward guides over at XDA and Modaco.