TSullivan

Free SSD To Good Home

Is it still today?

It would be perfect for my wife's laptop. She currently has a slow old hitachi rotating drive, but has more junk on it than will fit on my selection of 64 - 80GB SSD's.

I would really appreciate it, but she would appreciate it more.

Edited by cbrworm

Consider this a forum-only giveaway. You won't see any huge push for this drive to be given away except for this thread by its lonesome self. A winner will be chosen at random, with the only requirement being that you post in this thread outlining your perfect home for this Kingston SSD. In a couple of weeks (maybe a month tops) I will announce the winner and Fedex the drive off to greener pastures.

Just came across this very informative site today via Google. Am I too late to throw my hat into the mix? I would love to put this to use in an older tablet laptop I have downstairs. If chosen, I promise to take good care of the drive and appreciate the kindness you are bringing forth. :-)

Well its closed.... time to scroll up and down on my web browser really quick....

Looks like about 1 in 15 odds.

There was one who said nobody would want it, a couple in the UK (not sure if they are in or out), one that said hood ornament, a couple of first time posters (one of which had a screen name just for this). Even if you count all of those its still less than 20. Somewhere between 15 and 18 depending on which ones you cut.

After much consideration (and scrolling up and down) we have picked Djembe. Congrats!

Shoot me a PM with your shipping information and I will send it out this week. B)

You will find that your new ssd is faster and cooler than your hdd's. I put my Nova128 in my son's TX2510 and not only is it much faster and snappier, but the temps went down so much. Congrats. You will enjoy it.

I have a 128GB Kingston SVN425 that its ready and willing to go on to a better home. Its been pretty used and abused here so far... seen plenty of systems and write cycles to say the least :D. That said its still has a lot of life, even if we did shave a year or two off it.

kingston_425_top.jpg

Consider this a forum-only giveaway. You won't see any huge push for this drive to be given away except for this thread by its lonesome self. A winner will be chosen at random, with the only requirement being that you post in this thread outlining your perfect home for this Kingston SSD. In a couple of weeks (maybe a month tops) I will announce the winner and Fedex the drive off to greener pastures.

I have no idea if this drive is still available for giveaway, but would love to have it if it is. To buy one is very expensive and I'm basically broke. I would give it a good home because my Dell computer is well takin care of. I keep it as clean as possible and keep everything in top shape and condition, while not over-useing it to keeps it's life long and prevet over-heating, crashing, and damage. I woud definitly appreciate an upgrade from my 40GB SATA HDD. Thank you very much for the opportunity.