raymonda

Keyboard that automatically logs off for you

Check this out: apparently there’s a keyboard now that will log you off the moment you physically leave your keyboard. Convenient or just whack?

http://images.gizmag.com/hero/sonarlocid-keyboard.jpg

http://www.gizmag.com/ksi-sonarlocid-auto-locking-keyboard/17934/

[Mod Edit]

Warning

Make sure you have up-to-date internet security software and settings before visiting this site, as mine detected a fair few exploits and attempted trojan downloads (presumably from malicious advertisers)

- qasdfdsaq

I don't like it, I get up and down too much, especially at night when I'm working at home, balancing writing a review with changing a poop diaper. I don't need to have to log back in every time...fun idea though, corporate types might enjoy it. P&G who's here in Cincinnati is hardcore about information security, they check desks every night for notebooks that aren't physically secured. So something like this would definitely have their interest I'd bet.

I swear this logitech bluetooth kb can detect when I leave my desk. Every time I get up it beeps and when I walk back to my desk. Anywho, would much rather have a webcam watch and logout if it didn't see a face for 30 seconds.

What about if this technology will be combined with automatically login when you get back to your desk? (and in combination with finger print recognition or sth)

Lenovo has that facial recognition login that's pretty fun, though it's not on their business machines. I prefer embedding an RFID chip in my hand, problem solved ;)

Lenovo has that facial recognition login that's pretty fun, though it's not on their business machines. I prefer embedding an RFID chip in my hand, problem solved ;)

Just an RFID chip? At the very least switch your finger for a embedded USB junk drive.

As for security when walking away, I would probably go with something like this(I haven't tried it yet. I like the timeout and most cellphones should have bluetooth.

Bluetooth Proximity Lock Utility