TSullivan

What new notebook is at the top of your list?

So apparently some of the new thinkpads are rumored to come out on the 21st...seems about right with all these sales on the T410/T510...only problem I am having is im almost tempted to go bigger with the T520...ER...decisions..i hate them.

Be sure to get a laptop that has good cooling abilities and can support the overclockable CPUs! Then you can use Throttlestop on it and put a smile on your face! :D

I don't know why some people are happy with a 2GHZ Core 2 Duo.. I want my laptop to be studder free with 100 Chrome tabs open, watching a full-hd youtube video without help from the video card, able to run Google maps completely smoothly(even with that being the only tab open(flash sucks)), etc.

My 2.8GHZ Penryn C2D laptop (Asus G50VT) is barely fast enough for these things. I mean, it is a very fast CPU and I am very happy with it but it just powerful enough for me.

I plan on plopping in an X9100 and have it be overclocked to 3.6GHZ when the price on ebay comes down..

I'm waiting for 16nm before I upgrade my whole laptop. Hopefully nanotechnology Lithium Ion batteries will be available by then!

Be sure to get a laptop that has good cooling abilities and can support the overclockable CPUs! Then you can use Throttlestop on it and put a smile on your face! :D

I don't know why some people are happy with a 2GHZ Core 2 Duo.. I want my laptop to be studder free with 100 Chrome tabs open, watching a full-hd youtube video without help from the video card, able to run Google maps completely smoothly(even with that being the only tab open(flash sucks)), etc.

My 2.8GHZ Penryn C2D laptop (Asus G50VT) is barely fast enough for these things. I mean, it is a very fast CPU and I am very happy with it but it just powerful enough for me.

I plan on plopping in an X9100 and have it be overclocked to 3.6GHZ when the price on comes down..

I'm waiting for 16nm before I upgrade my whole laptop. Hopefully nanotechnology Lithium Ion batteries will be available by then!

You are asking a bit much for a laptop...unless maybe a Sager NP7280...one of the most powerful that I have heard of.(it uses full desktop processors 0_o) I will say this though, I will NEVER manually overclock a laptop because they just aren't designed to do so. If you have 100 chrome tabs open..God help me..how can you know what tab is what?

Overclocking on my desktop..on the other hand...well..ya can't put a big radiator and water cooling in a laptop XD

Edited by NeOnLaZeR