Brian

Micron C400 (Crucial m4) 25nm SSD Update

11 posts in this topic

To avoid any concerns over 25nm NAND, several SSD manufacturers are trying to get out ahead of their impending SSD releases with consumer updates on their implementation of 25nm NAND. Micron has updated us with details surrounding their new SATA 6Gb/s C400 SSD, and the consumer equivalent Crucial m4 SSD.

Full Story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To avoid any concerns over 25nm NAND, several SSD manufacturers are trying to get out ahead of their impending SSD releases with consumer updates on their implementation of 25nm NAND. Micron has updated us with details surrounding their new SATA 6Gb/s C400 SSD, and the consumer equivalent Crucial m4 SSD.

Full Story

When are they coming out? Seems like they keep getting delayed over and over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The word on the street is soon. Given all the SandForce, Intel, and Crucial/Micron news of late... I would have to say weeks/month away around the same period as last years launches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When are they coming out? Seems like they keep getting delayed over and over again.

What are you talking about? From our Storage Visions 2011 coverage:

The C400 series is sampling now; mass production is expected to begin in February. Crucial, a division of Micron, will be selling the drives as the Crucial m4 SSD series; they are expected to be available at crucial.com in Q1 2011.

How can you say they've been delayed over and over again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't have suggested retail pricing yet, but I've asked about it. I'll report back...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so just confirmed, the pricing won't be released until the formal availability press release in March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so just confirmed, the pricing won't be released until the formal availability press release in March.

Do you know when the press release is scheduled for? CeBit next week maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang it - I'm trying to build my new computer *now* and I wanted a big SSD... Crucial M4 512gb or Intel 320 600gb. Looks like neither are going to be available to me for at least 30-45 days (realistically).

So how's that Plextor M2 shaping up? If waiting isn't going to work out, I need the best ~256gb available *now* and it seems like a toss-up between the M2 and the (hopefully available in 5 days?) Intel 510...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a call today hopefully to discuss that M2 - we are seeing a few oddities that we want to understand better. We'll start a new thread in the SSD forum on the M2 once we have a little more clarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now