sblantipodi

Intel G3 and Sandforce F2000...

If it helps, the Corsair has been announced to be released in February which is going to be the No.2 SATA3 release to the consumer. You will see the Micron come (same new Marvell controller) just behind that, the Micron serving oem needs and then the Crucial will be released in March. Although not officially announced, its believable that the SF-2000 release will start appearing in March, the enterprise a few days ahead of the consumer versions. Two companies are famous for not making announcements until close to the release date, these being Samsung and Intel so don't wonder why they haven't stated anything. Both have a very tight lip on any of the technology sites that they have spoken to.

The first SandForce 2000 series products will be released by OCZ because, unlike the other oems, they build their entire product from the ground up and do not have to wait for reference design from SandForce...

Edited by LesT

Samsung will not have a new SSD release any time soon, they're sticking with the 470 for a while.

At to OCZ being first, they're not the only ones who build their own product but most licensees do wait for SandForce to show them how to do it :) Again though, buying an OCZ drive on day one is a mistake unless you have a large fault tolerance. Speed without reliability is worthless to most.

You'll be fine, they hold back a reserve for wear leveling anyway.

Overall are you pretty happy with the drive and the upgrade process?

You'll be fine, they hold back a reserve for wear leveling anyway.

Overall are you pretty happy with the drive and the upgrade process?

What is the minimum available space that I should left on my SSD for maximum reliability?

I'm incredibly happy with the new drive, it increased my productivity a lot.

Thanks for the excellent suggestion brian.