Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MediArchive

SATA AHCI drivers for WD 3TB drive

6 posts in this topic

I'm running a couple Windows 7 64-bit systems here and would like to play with the new WD 3 TB green power drive. I know the Intel ICH10R drivers aren't updated yet. Does anyone know about the Marvell 9128 drivers? I have it onboard on my ASUS Rampage. Couldn't find anything definitive. Would prefer not to use the add in card.

Your BIOS has to be compatible too...and unless your board is claiming UEFI compliance, it's the HBA for you my friend.

It does, I think he was just saying that he'd prefer not to use it for whatever reason...which is understandable. If you can get around it, by all means...just most can't work around the card just yet.

Y'know someone should send me a 3TB drive already so I can figure out if all these compatibility problems are really legit or if you're all just doing it wrong :P

I don't want to use it as a boot drive so the BIOS doesn't come into play. Just a secondary storage drive without the adapter. The onboard Intel sata controller drivers don't handle 64-bit addressing yet. My question was do the Marvell drivers?