Sign in to follow this  
imtim83

Does anyone here own a Plextor 24x 10x 40x CD-RW (IDE)?

Ok does your Plextor 24x 10x 40x CD-RW (IDE) like to use name brand cd-rs and cd-rws better than no name brand cd-rs or cd-rws? Also how about when its readings cd-rs and cd-rws does it read the name brand ones better than the no name brand ones?

On my office depot cd-r brand and compusa cd-rw brand when i go to read them it takes forever sometimes to load up all the files off the cd with their right icon. Sometimes it even freezes my whole computer while it is reading my compusa cd-rw or office depot cd-r brand that i burned with my older HP 9110i CD-RW. Some of them were burned by the plextor but not many yet.

Why would it do this?

Any help appreicated

Please reply

Thanks

I own both the Yamaha 24/10/40 and the TDK 24/10/40. Both drives work fine with OfficeDepot CD-R media.

They both also work fine with TDK media, Fuji media and Memorex 3 inch CD-R media.

Can't say how the plextor handles different media, but both the Yamaha and the TDK seem to handle different media fine. I have even used Datalife pluse from Verbatam with no problems.

:roll:

Bonzo the Chimp ok thanks i just dont get why it would do this :(

I made sure i had the latest firmware and everything. With out CD-RWs and CD-R cds it seems to do fine so far. But i am still not 100% sure on that. About 99% sure.

Ok does your Plextor 24x 10x 40x CD-RW (IDE) like to use name brand cd-rs and cd-rws better than no name brand cd-rs or cd-rws? Also how about when its readings cd-rs and cd-rws does it read the name brand ones better than the no name brand ones? 

On my office depot cd-r brand and compusa cd-rw brand when i go to read them it takes forever sometimes to load up all the files off the cd with their right icon. Sometimes it even freezes my whole computer while it is reading my compusa cd-rw or office depot cd-r brand that i burned with my older HP 9110i CD-RW. Some of them were burned by the plextor but not many yet. 

Why would it do this? 

Any help appreicated

Please reply

Thanks

intim I own the plextor 16/10/40a and dont have any problems like that......my new 24/10/40 plextor is in route to me as we speak....but I found a very informative review when researching the 24x plextor drive...here it is http://www.tweakmax.com/html/plex241040a/241040a-1.cfm