jonnyz2

Zombie Drive?

Hi all,

I've got a drive that passes WD Data Lifeguard Diagnoistics' short and long tests but I get a Smart = Bad result with Victoria (see below).

I've already backed this up just in case but am wondering if I should continue using the drive or retire it.

Advice?

Thanks!

post-63637-12770550442642_thumb.png

post-63637-12770550710331_thumb.png

What do you mean 'Zombie Drive'?

This drive looks fine, there is nothing wrong with it. I would keep using it. You can ignore Smart Bad Checksum errors.

Since this is your boot drive (Port 0 in pics), it is normal to have some blocks over 200ms or 600ms.

Is there any problems you are having with it?

Hi all,

I've got a drive that passes WD Data Lifeguard Diagnoistics' short and long tests but I get a Smart = Bad result with Victoria (see below).

I've already backed this up just in case but am wondering if I should continue using the drive or retire it.

Advice?

Thanks!

What do you mean 'Zombie Drive'?

This drive looks fine, there is nothing wrong with it. I would keep using it. You can ignore Smart Bad Checksum errors.

Since this is your boot drive (Port 0 in pics), it is normal to have some blocks over 200ms or 600ms.

Is there any problems you are having with it?

No problems with it. I ran the tests out of couriousity. It was the bad result reported by Victoria that made me concerned.

Your note makes me think I'm misunderstanding the victoria message. Is the Good/Bad Smart rating on Victoria based on overall smart stats or something else?

Thanks!

No problems with it. I ran the tests out of couriousity. It was the bad result reported by Victoria that made me concerned.

Your note makes me think I'm misunderstanding the victoria message. Is the Good/Bad Smart rating on Victoria based on overall smart stats or something else?

Thanks!

Victoria is dated. Do not use it for assessing your SMART health. Use a more recent software. That GOOD/BAD status, is for SMART checksum -- it is not for SMART data. JUST IGNORE. Your drive is good.

Not necessary to be a hypochondriac. Always test with different software when you suspect something is wrong.