vvilliamm

Samsung F3 HDD owners... help? Whats your experience and rma exp if an

Im trying to decide which drive to buy for raid... but ive been hearing alot of negative things regarding the samsung rma experience and according to new egg reviews they have a failure rate ranging from 3-4 months of use.. but they provide faster performance of 270mb/s versus the wd black 200mb/s but wd have a longer standing of reputation of reliability

Im trying to decide which drive to buy for raid... but ive been hearing alot of negative things regarding the samsung rma experience and according to new egg reviews they have a failure rate ranging from 3-4 months of use.. but they provide faster performance of 270mb/s versus the wd black 200mb/s but wd have a longer standing of reputation of reliability

Not sure what to awnser here, I can tell you though that 270MB/sec or even 200MB/sec is not attainable with a single drive. So I am not sure which specs you are looking at, but they do not sound realistic.

About the reliability I am also not sure what to say. WD's are good, but Samsung's are not supposed to be bad. Currently having some trouble with my raid set, but I have other Samsungs which show no problems whatsoever.