Brian

Intel Now Shipping 25nm NAND Flash

Intel has announced that the Intel-Micron Flash Technologies partnership is mass producing 25nm NAND flash memory and Intel is shipping to customers. Intel-Micron Flash Technologies is the first to get 25nm NAND to market, which was originally announced in February. This also means Intel should be able to bring the first SSDs based on these chips to market.

Full Story

Sounds good :)

I believe Phil at NBR picked up on Anandtech that apparently Intel might release their G3 drives in mid-summer or something like that - at least before Q4.

If they are already mass producing their new Nand flash there is a higher chance of this happening.

But I think I'll stick with my G2 for quite some time to come :D (works and I don't want to spend money on a new SSD)

Intel G3's are expected to ship at the end of 3Q as I understand it, though that's subject to change of course.

Intel has announced that the Intel-Micron Flash Technologies partnership is mass producing 25nm NAND flash memory and Intel is shipping to customers. Intel-Micron Flash Technologies is the first to get 25nm NAND to market, which was originally announced in February. This also means Intel should be able to bring the first SSDs based on these chips to market.

Full Story

Perhaps, perhaps not.

from the Intel "blog" :)

http://www.intel.com/pressroom/chipshots/chipshots.htm?cid=rss-90004-c1-254492

Intel announced today that Intel-Micron Flash Technologies are in mass production of their breakthrough 25-nanometer (nm) NAND flash memory and Intel is shipping in volume to customers.

This means any of Intel (and Micron's) "customers" could have the chips now in hand...though Samsung, or some other Asian company is more likely the supplier for near-term future Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad revisions, *any* customer that uses the Micron/Intel chips *could* conceivably ship product before the Intel/Micron SSD's, yes? Even Crucial might ship a product using these, sooner than IMFT, and up to 1TB capacity in 2.5in form factor, I should think.

What I don't understand is other sites mentioning G3 versions as being simply 2x current G2 capacities, for max 600GB. that would be a disappointment as the 25nm chips occupy less physical space compared to 34nm process, in addition to doubling capacity per chip.

Micron's Blog is kind of slow (one month and no new entries?):

http://www.micronblogs.com/

Gotta read the Tweets...I guess:

http://twitter.com/MicronTechNews

^some good links there