Brian

Samsung STORY Station 3.0 Contest

I'm American, but I absolutely LOVE British programming from soaps, dramas, comedies, and even documentaries. So I have so much material saved on a bulky desktop external hard drive and trying to slow down on my addiction because space is seriousy running out. I would like to transfer all these files to a more portable hard drive and this sounds perfect for me :)

Woot! Woot! Would love to win one of Samsung's latest external hard drives and a free USB card. Thanks for the opportunity this cool giveaway.

This is the last day for this great sweepstakes. I hope that I will win so that I can tell my computer groups about how I won this USB 3.0 drive on Storage Review.com!

Thanks so much for running the sweepstakes!

Well, after inputting the posts into our random picker - we have selected a winner.

::drumroll::

Mkruer is our winner and we even threw out his last post from today which was invalid ;)

This contest was a success, we'll launch a new one soon. If you want to be notified, subscribe to this thread and I'll post here when contest #2 goes live.

Wow, I was being sarcastic when i said i never win anything. The Sad Part is now i have to go out and buy a UBS3 card to get the full speed out of the drive. Still it can not be any worse then the Mybook I have. That thing is god awful, And I had to replace it once already. Brian, Do you want to do a review on that?

Oh well I guess I picked up and Extra one now. an Asus U3S6 for my system. Well is does have 2x6Gbits SATA ports as well that I can use as soon as I will your super uber SSD review prize. :lol:

I have been meaning to post this for a week, I was going to to a full rundown of the drive on my system but apparent HDTune Pro 4.50 (latest version) has issues as it would freeze my entire system. So instead I used the free basic one, at least this gives me the read speed. I tried two configurations, one with the windows default quick removal for USB devices and then the performance. In a nut shell there was no difference in performance. As you can see the performance is on par with what was original posted in the review http://www.storagereview.com/samsung_story_station_3_review

So what is my new drive doing?

I copied all my stuff off the my book which had about 400GB worth of data, In addition I set up a backup schedule using windows 7 backup system. Nothing fancy but it’s about time that I have a decent backup solution. For those of you who have a lot of data and want a backup solution this is probable the best way to go. The speed is limited by the drive not the USB3 connection. But even so it was much better then the MY Book USB2 connection which would top out at about in the mid 50MB/Sec

So once again I would like to thank Brian for the drive and UI hope that is does it again so other can have the opportunity to win.

-Matt-

post-18511-12753776481245_thumb.png

post-18511-12753776635749_thumb.png