supercaffeinated

When did Eugene and company sell out?

Wow, this is an old-school crew.

I was just a lurker before the original forum was lost, but it's nice to see old handles being dusted off.

Count me in amongst the old crew I guess. Although I wasn't nearly as active as a number of you, I was an active supporter of SR. It was sad to see SR languish for as long as it did. I know that Eugene kept it going for as long as he could for our benefit and not for his. I hope he's doing well and benefited from the sale of SR. IIRC, SR was the site that set storage reviews on the right track, performing consistent, detailed tests. My thanks go out to Eugene for all the hard work he put into it and for keeping SR alive as long as he did (even if it was on life support for a while). I hope the new crew will live up to the standards set in the early days of SR.

Joo

Wow, I remember seeing many snarky supercaffeinated posts in the past. It's been a long time since those days.

Well, this is good news. I used to frequent Storage Review, and this forum, until the site became a ghost town, as some have said. I sure hope it does come back, as good or better than it once was. I miss some of the arguments;)

Well, this is good news. I used to frequent Storage Review, and this forum, until the site became a ghost town, as some have said. I sure hope it does come back, as good or better than it once was. I miss some of the arguments;)

Yeah, same here. This was one of the first sites online that I joined, mainly because I was having fun playing around with SCSI drives...and this was the site to go to and get help and advice. I was sad to see it dead in the water for many years. Hopefully now that it has been rebooted we can get back to what used to make this site great.

Glad to see people keep finding this thread. The forums are only as good as its members, please jump in and help out or post questions!

Ummm...knock knock?

Was just having a discussion on backups on another forum and was forced to think of SR...nice to see that it is still around. I haven't poked around enough yet to see how well it is faring in terms of content, but I will over the next few days. Good to see a lot of familiar names - even udaman.

Cheers,

FS

hi guys

thanks for taking the corpse out of the ground! Yes I returned here cause my sister addressed me, having the good old problem with bad sectors on one of her hard drives. I told her I know a place to easily lookup the experience that other people had with her drive model, used the old SR bookmark and there it was ... the reliability database is there and actually alive!

Haven't looked at the other articles and threads, but the BAR AND GRILL is definitely the place to be..

Funny also to read all the names I havent seen for about 10 years.. this is remarkable and nice!

Ge.

HW, we're very happy that you've come back! The B&G isn't what it used to be, but we'd love to get it going again. With you and some of the old timers coming back, and the regular influx of new users, we're very excited. Oddly enough, it's about a year to the day since we took over. Traffic is up about 4x, gotta keep growing ;)

Wow, what a nostalgia trip! I'm certainly not as well-known as most of the regulars in this thread, but this was my main forum for a while, so it's cool to see some of the old regulars again.

I loved Tannin's website. Is he still selling PCs in Ballarat now? I got out of flogging boxes a few years ago - and moved into IT in a large company; now the Director. I rememebr my fist argument about my perceived 'unreliabilty' of AMD kit over Intel. Never did I relaise that it was actually the arse VIA MVP3 chipset of the mobos I was flogging then!

Anyone remember 'The Giver'?

I loved Tannin's website. Is he still selling PCs in Ballarat now? I got out of flogging boxes a few years ago - and moved into IT in a large company; now the Director. I rememebr my fist argument about my perceived 'unreliabilty' of AMD kit over Intel. Never did I relaise that it was actually the arse VIA MVP3 chipset of the mobos I was flogging then!

Anyone remember 'The Giver'?

The Giver lives.... muhahahaha!