Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Super Talent VSSD - Value-Line SSDs Announced

Super Talent has launched a new value-line family of solid state drives. The Super Talent VSSD ranges from an ultra-low-capacity of 8GB, up to 64GB. The 64GB VSSD offers 150MB/s read and 100MB/s write speeds, with performance stepping down with capacity.

Full Story

:angry: The AdMarking hype gets old real quick. The companies like to brag about "features", pri¢e, and speed - but only with large block sizes. I want to see the 4K speeds; unfortunately the big blocks are where most of the bragging is done. Were I loading VMs into RAM with big sequential blocks even the cheapies like the value-line are OK... but even (or especially) for boot drives those 4K chunks are important! I'd be willing to bet the 64GB VSSD for $175 blows compared to Intel's 80GB X-25MG2. I'd expect similar results for 32GB/40GB comparison. With regards to the 8GB for $65... a USB3 Flash drive might be a better choice. :rolleyes: YMMV ;)

Lamb - I can argue with your logic on exactly zero points. If you're going to make a value drive it really better be cheap. $175 form the $210-220 the Intel sells for? No competition.

I've said it a dozen times here, it won't be long before SSD guys figure out how to innovate, figure out how to be cheap or figure out how to get out of the market.