Narutino

Ziddu and Rapidshare

Which file hosting service do you prefer to download files from? I like Ziddu because I can download all files there for free. There is no premium membership in Ziddu. Though, I also download files from Rapidshare some times.

Edited by Narutino

I have never heard about Senduit before. Thanks for sharing the link. The homepage is pretty simple. Do you need to sign up before uploading files to the website? I cannot find any 'sign up' button there.

That's wonderful. I kinda think that this service is primarily aimed to distribute files instead of storing them. Do they inform you how long your files will be kept in their server? I read that another file hosting service will keep the file for 90 days before deleting them.

Another good one similar to Senduit is YouSendIt.com which has some good security options for when you're sharing some more confidential data although to be on the safe side I'd password protect the file via WinRAR before sending it to make it even more secure as if someone gained access to the download, they wouldn't be able to see the data unless they had the hard-coded password as well.

As for Rapidshare, I've used it as both an uploader and downloader in the past for distributing small files like presentations etc. among family and friends which was a good experience overall except that it was kind of annoying for the downloader to wait a few extra seconds and at one point, they had some horrible captcha implementation which did more harm than good that was luckily revoked.

Yes, on Rapidshare, you have to wait for 27 seconds to download files there for free. That's an annoying yet smart ways of encouraging users to use premium download. Thanks FDrive for the info about YouSendIt.