UnixGeek

USB Hard Drive Docking Stations

I was curious about what people thought about these new USB Docking Stations that are on the market. I have been doing some research on these for a while now and I would like some other people's opinions about them. Which ones are "Good" and which ones are "Bad"? Are there any Docking Stations available for IDE drives besides those adapter cables?

Thanks in advance!

What do you mean about new ones? USB 3.0? If so there are only a few. Otherwise most USB hubs are the same.

Hello Brian, I am referring to Docking Stations for data recovery and the such. I have seen a bunch of different ones (Single Drive, Dual Drive, Etc.) out there from $20.00 to over $200.00.

Here is an example of what I am talking about so we are on the same page.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153112&cm_re=docking_station_hard_drive-_-17-153-112-_-Product

Edited by UnixGeek

Ahhh, we just reviewed something similar here -

http://www.storagereview.com/aleratec_hdd_copy_cruiser_mini_review

Yes, That is what I am referring to! Do you know if there is anything available like that for IDE drives?

I know that IDE is fading fast, but there are still a bunch of IDE drives out there. I have seen a few products that were just adapter cables and that were fairly inexpensive, But a Docking Station with both IDE and SATA sure would be nice.

Eh, there may be, but I haven't looked for one. My search didn't turn up very much. Maybe a conversion kit is in your future.