Sign in to follow this  
cypher007

wd15eads playing up in a raid1

ive got a problem with my raid 1 running on a ati 785g mb. one of the wd15eads will drop out as missing with a smart error. ive got tler on defaults of 7s for r+w. ive not tried the idle time setting yet ill try that next. the one that keeps dropping out seems to run hotter, and the smart status reads 98% health. after running a zero on the drive i have one uncorrectable sector, but smart says thats ok. the hdmonitor utility now says the drive is 99% helthy. what should i do? whats worrying me is if i send it back for replacement i will probably get one that wont let me set tler. are there any other reliable 1.5tb drives out there? preferably without all the tler cr*p.

What is the exact error code that SMART is reporting?

thank you for replying. it is code 198 Uncorrectable Sector Count. it now stands at 1, but the smart status is saying this is OK. before it registered this Uncorrectable Sector it was reading code 197 Current Pending Sector Count and that was at 1, i think.

ive zero filled both drives, one with killdisk and one with hdtune. and there both reporting 0 bad sectors.