Sign in to follow this  
LesT

Quick Word on Iron Key Secure Flash Drives

Thought I would throw this in because I couldn't find anything anywhere, with respect to experience, when I was looking for such.

Because of my area of work, I find it necessary to use an Ironkey and must admit that it has taken alot, and I mean alot, of stress out of the necessity of carrying around a ssd day to day. These things are virtually impossible to break into and, if you know someone that can break into it, you might want to get them a code breaker job with the government. In addition to the high level of encryption standards, the key has a self destruct capability if someone enters the wrong password too many times.

There are a few other great things about the drive to include password site management and the ability, at a government level, to control the keys within your team but I am particularly impressed with Firefox. It is contained completely within the flash drive itself and cannot be accessed by external threats or influence. As well, there is a simple button bottom right which will throw your activity into encrypted mode where your IP becomes untraceable as it is tossed through sites in any numbers of countries, each site and the network being fully visible to you of course. At the press of a button, one can also change to a fake IP address if they feel someone is attempting to trace their activity.

I work within a completely secure and safe work network which not only monitors incoming but outgoing activity as well. At work, access to social networks and any questionable sites is strictly off limits and the user does not have access to such sites. Quite unexpectedly and through a necessity of duty, I had to go to Facebook and was surprised that when accessed through encrypted Firefox on the key, their are no restrictions whatsoever and the internet is open once again...

Gotta love technology and way to go Ironkey!

I have to say, I'm not terribly familiar with IronKey. But if you need that level of safety and security, it sounds great, very Jack Bauer ;)

Les, there's another secure card from MXI that we covered news on this week. Have you encountered them? They claim to be the most secure.

http://www.storagereview.com/mxi_stealth_m...b_drive_updated