JcRabbit

Help configuring 3 Intel X25-M 80 GB SSDs in RAID 0

Yup, enabling Write Back Cache on the ICH10R does wonders for SSDs. I'm actually quite amazed at the speeds you are getting - the ICH10R is supposed to have a maximum throughput of 667MB/sec, which I hit with my 3x X25-E's in RAID0. You somehow have managed to surpass that :-)

post-3945-12647217916261_thumb.gif

It appears you are using a 64KB stripe while JcRabbit is using a 128KB stripe. Perhaps that accounts for the relatively small difference?

It appears you are using a 64KB stripe while JcRabbit is using a 128KB stripe. Perhaps that accounts for the relatively small difference?

Could be, but I tested both 64kb and 128kb stripe sizes with two of the drives before I added the third one - the 64kb option actually proved to be a little bit faster. I have never seen HDTach scores like the ones he has shown on an ICH10R - JCRabbit, is your machine overclocked at all?

JCRabbit, is your machine overclocked at all?

Most definitely so. Core i7-920 at 4Ghz, BCLK 200, NB Frequency 3200Mhz, QPI Link 3600Mhz, DRAM 800Mhz (1600).

Perhaps I should have mentioned it before.

Another reason could be because everything is aligned properly (see HERE). I take no credit for this, however: that goes to Windows 7 (for the 100 MB hidden boot partition) and possibly the guy who setup the RAID on this system and selected a stripe size of 128 KB.