Brian

Cable Connector Quiz

This is pretty fun. Mental Floss posted a 10 picture survey of computer, AV and other cables to see how many you can identify.

Take The Quiz

I went too quick on one and only got 9 right.

That's what I thought as I burned through the survey. Everyone here should get a 10, but then again, it's easy to make a mistake.

Lucky with 10; but thats only cus I happen to be a HiFi fanatic as well as a computer geek lol...

heh. They should have resorted to using more esoteric connection types that might actually be difficult (Dialogic telephony cables, or ARCnet anyone? Perhaps something such as a T-1 interface cable? :huh: ). These were all way too easy.

Got 9 out of 10 - labelled the Telephone cable as an Ethernet Cable... bit of guesswork on the audio and serial cable :D

The telephone one is mean - in real life its easy to compare - you see it immediately... on an image... ah well...

I got a 10/10

It wasnt too bad.

The only hard one was the Parallel cable. If the one end on the left weren't shown, it could easily be mistaken for a SCSI-2 cable like the kind used on my Linotype

K-TRON

10 out of 10. Woohoo, fun test! :D

OK, 10/10 , but for me them new fangled cables was the hardest! Don't use'em (yet) and the way things are going I may never use a FireWire. Where's the GP/IB and Optical Audio cables (never mentioned), or MIDI (makes a nice 3,125 B/s ad hoc serial cable). OK, Ya got me. I'm a hacker from the Old school. Ah, the smell of rosin core solder and midnight pizza! :rolleyes: