ButtonPuncher

Automated recovery software?

Hi,

I'm looking for a piece of software that can do an automated re-image of a hard drive with very little user input.

We used to buy Gateways. The had a recovery partition. The wipe a drive clean and get it back to stock, it was just a matter of hitting F11 and then clicking restore once the software started. I'd really like to find a piece of software that will let me do that on the Dells that we're now buying.

I've used Ghost and Acronis in the past but they both require a boot disk. I'd like to have the application stored on the recovery partition along with the image file.

I've also heard of Ghost Enterprise that lets you do a network restore. I'd really prefer to have the image stored locally and not to have it slowly restore over the network.

Thanks,

Ben

BackupExec System Recovery (aprox $65 MSRP per desktop)

This product can after installed, can be configured to dual boot into the preboot OS(WinPE) and restore the OS partition.

It's a very cool product.

Thanks Mitch!

Symantec's website is lame. You have to go to the business section to see the Desktop version of System Recovery 8.5. That makes perfect sense! :blink:

I actually use Backup Exec and BESR on my server. I should have known that they made standalone version. Duh.

Thanks,

Ben