rhoniel

Lacie Ethernet Disk mini: Installing a Larger Hard Drive

HI All,

I have a two years old Lacie ethernet disk mini V2 (NAS) with 320GB hard drive. I am trying to install a 750GB hard drive in this unit just for fun. I knew that Lacie NAS unit stores its linux based OS on the drive so I used a partition cloning software to clone all the partitions from 320GB hard drive to 750GB hard drive. After I installed the bigger hard drive and attached all the cables, it booted without any problem and I can see all my data through the ethernet connection.

Now problem is that new disc size is still reported as a 320GB and not as the 750GB drive. I know I would need to edit some configuration file on the linux OS partition but I do not know which file needs to be edited and how should I modify the file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

easiest way might be to pull the hard drive again, stick it in another computer, and use a gparted boot cd to resize it.. though i suppose partition magic or other non-free tools could do it as well... need to resize the partion and filesystem.

Hello

I have the same type of drive (Lacie ethernet disk mini V2) with a 500Gb HDD. A few days ago the disk died and I want to replace it with another one. I don't care about the data on the old drive, I just can't find on the net the images for the partitions containing the operating system. Or another linux distribution that could be put on this to make it work.

that is exactly my situation also. My Lacie drive died, and I bought a replacement 2TB drive (not sure if that big will work).

but I need the partition that contains the OS to load on it and try to see if I can make it work.

If anyone has the data please send to me or post it somewhere. I believe once I blast that to the drive it will spin up like it is supposed to.

that is exactly my situation also. My Lacie drive died, and I bought a replacement 2TB drive (not sure if that big will work).

but I need the partition that contains the OS to load on it and try to see if I can make it work.

If anyone has the data please send to me or post it somewhere. I believe once I blast that to the drive it will spin up like it is supposed to.

i have an acronis image of my hipserv....

i took the hard drive(500gb) out a while back to use in my desktop about 2 years ago, and now i want to install a 2tb into my lacie

besides the copy i have, where do you get the os for hipserv or can you instal another?

my email is zackerydeshotel1@aol.com

subject must say HIPSERV or it will be deleted because it will most likely end up in my spam folder...

i can email the image to you or over ichat or something, since the cap on email now-a-days.