Sign in to follow this  
HMTK

Star Trek

I just saw the new Star Trek movie and I have to say it's amazing! Some hardcore Trekkies won't like it because some things end up VERY different but the story is solid, the characters are well rounded, good actors and excellent special effects. Despite the differences with TOS the movie feels familiar. What I also liked is that the actors played their characters well without impersonating those of TOS.

And there's lots of phaser fire, foton torpedoes, oneliners and people kissing when you didn't expect it!

I just saw the new Star Trek movie and I have to say it's amazing! Some hardcore Trekkies won't like it because some things end up VERY different but the story is solid, the characters are well rounded, good actors and excellent special effects. Despite the differences with TOS the movie feels familiar. What I also liked is that the actors played their characters well without impersonating those of TOS.

And there's lots of phaser fire, foton torpedoes, oneliners and people kissing when you didn't expect it!

I didn't quite like the story, otherwise the actors were great and I agree that "people kissing when you didn't expect it" was a pleasant surprise!

First post in a long time? Welcome back.

Yes, the story is a fairly simple action script but it was very well brought. And the Orion girl was sexy :)

Can't believe the Blu is still the same price it was when it was released (£17.99 here in the UK).

*twiddles thumbs*

It seems the follow-up is in the works now, but no JJ. Eh...I enjoyed the first one but can't say I loved it.