HMTK

My children's future is ruined.

Last weekend my eldest (7 in a few weeks) wanted to surf on the internet. I said I'd help her but she she she could do it herself. There's the internet she said AND CLICKED ON THE INTERNET EXPLORER ICON!!!!!! Firefox was sitting right next to it but she wouldn't believe the internet could be found there...

There is still time left in her life to learn better. And you could be the one who teaches her why IE is a bad choice.

And why wasn't there an Opera icon to choose? She would've certainly chosen that ;-)

Last weekend my eldest (7 in a few weeks) wanted to surf on the internet. I said I'd help her but she she she could do it herself. There's the internet she said AND CLICKED ON THE INTERNET EXPLORER ICON!!!!!! Firefox was sitting right next to it but she wouldn't believe the internet could be found there...

Bad Daddy..... ;) Why haven't you removed the IE icon from your desktop?

Here is how to enable access to Internet Explorer, so disabling should be easy...

To make sure Windows is set to enable access to Internet Explorer, follow the appropriate steps for your Windows version:

Windows Vista

Click Start, and then click Default Programs.

Click Set program access and computer defaults.

Under Choose a configuration, click Custom.

Click to select the Enable access to this program box next to Internet Explorer.

Windows XP

Click Start, and then click Set Program Access and Defaults.

Under Choose a configuration, click Custom.

Click to select the Enable access to this program box next to Internet Explorer.

I don't like Google, but you should at least let her try Chrome, just once.

I wanted to hate it, but it is so damned reliable, fast, and feature rich that I end up using it...

Chrome is about all I use any more - it's fast and rarely crashes. Even then it often is able to restore all my tabs. And now with the plugins available in the latest Beta build of Chrome, there's even more flexibility, including an option to open an IE tab within Chrome, for those times when you have to access a non-conforming site.

I rarely use anything but IE8 these days... FF 3.x aren't any better than IE8 IMO. If there is a site that doesn't work in IE8 (HP Carepacks!!) I use Chrome. FF is on my pc because I haven't uninstalled it yet. From a professional point of view IE is also a lot easier to manage.

I use IE5, and it is the best internet explorer yet. I find it to be much better than IE8, that is for sure. IE8 is like a virus, it lets everything in.

I do use firefox 3.5.something these days on my laptop, cause as of late there is some virus which comes through IE5 when I use photobucket. I hope that gets fixed soon.

Firefox has been pretty damn reliable, no viruses yet from it (fingers crossed)

K-TRON

Since the latest version of Chrome came out, I've dumped IE & Firefox completely :)

I'm a HUGE chrome lover now ;)

----

Vh/Regards

Claus - TapaTalk on my Ip4

Ralph, I've actually gone back to Safari because Chrome doesn't work reliably for me on the MBA. Oddly, it seems to depend on the router I'm connected to. I'm sure there's a fix, but I gave up...