Sign in to follow this  
Telstar The Sorcerer

New OCZ SSD

OCZ plans to introduce a new line of very fast and affordable SSD drives in 32, 64 and 128 GB capacities.

The drives are based on SLC memory and they are all 2.5-inch models using the SATA II interface.

The read speed should be between 120 and 143MB/s, while the write speed should hit a quite amazing 80 to 93MB/s. The drive is shock resistant to 1500G.

The products will be known as OCZSSD2-1C32G, OCZSSD2-1C64G and OCZSSD2-1C128G and you can expect to be able to buy them as of next week.

The 32GB drive is already listed in German e-tail for €149, the 64GB has a really attractive price of €229, while the big 128GB drive will set you back €399.99.

(source: fud)

OCZ plans to introduce a new line of very fast and affordable SSD drives in 32, 64 and 128 GB capacities.

The drives are based on SLC memory and they are all 2.5-inch models using the SATA II interface.

The read speed should be between 120 and 143MB/s, while the write speed should hit a quite amazing 80 to 93MB/s. The drive is shock resistant to 1500G.

The products will be known as OCZSSD2-1C32G, OCZSSD2-1C64G and OCZSSD2-1C128G and you can expect to be able to buy them as of next week.

The 32GB drive is already listed in German e-tail for €149, the 64GB has a really attractive price of €229, while the big 128GB drive will set you back €399.99.

(source: fud)

This is really good news!

I've been waiting for the 64GB versions to drop to an acceptable level.

Looking forward to upgrading my HP 8510P with this. :D

Thomas..

The 64GB OCZ drives that match the model number posted by the OP are over $1000 right now. At quite a few sites, so I don't think it's just price gouging. At the prices mentioned in the OP, I'd get one to play with, especially to test database performance.

The 64GB OCZ drives that match the model number posted by the OP are over $1000 right now. At quite a few sites, so I don't think it's just price gouging. At the prices mentioned in the OP, I'd get one to play with, especially to test database performance.

i think it's bullshit

they won't sell their slc drives much cheaper than their just released OCZSSD2-1S mlc-drives

it's only one shop here who has this drives listed, there ist no press release from ocz or anything else

The press release states <0.35ms seek times for the new drives. I cant find seek times for their older drives. Maybe that's the difference? Still blows the doors off of traditional HDD's.

It seems there is something to that rumor.

Those drives started appearing on geizhals.eu

http://geizhals.eu/a347920.html

http://geizhals.eu/a347917.html

Prices are less than half /Gbyte then the mtrons after the price cut.

I find it reassuring that mix-computer is one of the stores listing them that low, because they have been around for a long time and usually dont list bullshit.

I'd say the jury is still out as to performance. The S series OCZ's we know are rebadged Samsung high-performance models with price rags to match, the cheaper C series ("Core") are the cheaper ones with very attractive price tags..................... but I would like to see benchmarks first.

I'd say the jury is still out as to performance. The S series OCZ's we know are rebadged Samsung high-performance models with price rags to match, the cheaper C series ("Core") are the cheaper ones with very attractive price tags..................... but I would like to see benchmarks first.

Well, yeah.

Its so cheap it can only use MLC flash.

So i wouldnt expect good write IO.

But linear speeds can be increased trivially (at the expense of IOs), so if there is any truth to the stats (140MB read, 90 MB write), it would still blow anything in the budget class out of the water.