Sign in to follow this  
Godsredeemed

`WD Raptor 1500 IDE vs Raid 0

Hi Folks

Just built a new machine and I am using 2 WD Raptor 1500s with dual boot WXP 64 and the other Vista 64.

I have currently set then up as IDEs and run then individually for each operating system. However, I also thought about Raiding then Zero (0) and then spliting the 300 gig drive into 2 partitions and reinstalling WCP64 to one and Vista 64 to the other.

Does anybody know what would be the most efficient configuration?

Many thanks

Hi Folks

Just built a new machine and I am using 2 WD Raptor 1500s with dual boot WXP 64 and the other Vista 64.

I have currently set then up as IDEs and run then individually for each operating system. However, I also thought about Raiding then Zero (0) and then spliting the 300 gig drive into 2 partitions and reinstalling WCP64 to one and Vista 64 to the other.

Many thanks

I would leave it as you have, pointing temp (thru environmental variables) and a fixed page file for for each OS to the opposing drive. It would give you some performance benefits without any increased risk. your proposal would give increased risk without likelyhood of increased performance in typical real world situations. IMO anyway.

ps

Happy new year :)

Hi Folks

Many thanks

I would leave it as you have, pointing temp (thru environmental variables) and a fixed page file for for each OS to the opposing drive. It would give you some performance benefits without any increased risk. your proposal would give increased risk without likelyhood of increased performance in typical real world situations. IMO anyway.

ps

Happy new year :)

mervincm,

Thank you for your advise.

Makes sence.

Regards,