Sign in to follow this  
Nexus

Intel Matrix Storage Manager and AHCI

Just a quick question regarding Intel's Matrix software...

I'm running 3 single SATAII drives @ AHCI on an ICH9R controller. Intel states that I should install their Matrix software when using AHCI but the actual driver inside is older than the one you get in their chipset driver pack.

Should I just go with the newest driver and dodge the Matrix software or will this have an impact on performance and NCQ?

Thanks

I haven't tried running single drives with AHCI, but I'm running a six disk raid 5 array on ICH9R and I've just updated the Matrix Storage Manager and saw HUGE performance increase (from 5MB/s avg to 99MB/s avg).

I used the newest ASUS drivers before and upgraded to the latest Matrix Storage Manager on Intels website (7.5 upgraded to 7.8).

I don't know if you can ise this info for anything, but for me the latest Matris Storage Manager definitely does work.

- Martin

We never install the MM on systems unless it's a RAID system, so far not one problem has been reported, form our experience it quite safe not to install the MM.

My own personal machine runs AHCI (non RAID) and the MM is not installed and performance is fine

Edited by czr