wataboutwar

WD3200KS-00PFB0 WANTED PLEASE

hey guys

ive hit a delema im trying to find this specfic drive because i burnt out the pcb board on my orignal and i really cant afford the $2400 i was quoted to recover the data so im atempting the impossible

i dont want lectures about how dangerous it can be , im building a clean room and doing everythng by the book ,

so im looking for the western digital drive WD3200KS-00PFB0 they dont make them any more as far as i can see from their websites ive searched around other online stores but to no help so if someone has one hidden some where and wants to get rid of it i would love to take it off your hands i can afford up to $200 even though you can buy the new model WD3200AAKS-00PFB0 for under $120 im in australia so closer the better i spose

thanks everyone

regards rob

p.s also if you do find any for sale online then please link me

Edited by wataboutwar

sounds great mate well ill watch the auction then

thanks heaps

Yep, I checked before I posted. EXACT. Dave

oh and another thing , any idea of shipping to australia?

Yep, I checked before I posted. EXACT. Dave

hey mate well i would love to buy one off you where are you? and how much do you want for one?

I have two WD3200KS-00PFB0 drives in my system as well. Fortunately for you, it appears these are a common revision number.

hello again readers so i discovered there is another serial i need to take into account my DCM

it is as follows DHBHCA2AHN so if any of the guys that posted can you check your drives im not 100% sure weather the DCM makes any difference so any more info would be great thanks again ppl regards rob

hey guys

ive hit a delema im trying to find this specfic drive because i burnt out the pcb board on my orignal and i really cant afford the $2400 i was quoted to recover the data so im atempting the impossible

i dont want lectures about how dangerous it can be , im building a clean room and doing everythng by the book ,

so im looking for the western digital drive WD3200KS-00PFB0 they dont make them any more as far as i can see from their websites ive searched around other online stores but to no help so if someone has one hidden some where and wants to get rid of it i would love to take it off your hands i can afford up to $200 even though you can buy the new model WD3200AAKS-00PFB0 for under $120 im in australia so closer the better i spose

thanks everyone

regards rob

p.s also if you do find any for sale online then please link me

ok so i figured out wat you mean by DCM so the final serial will be

MDL: WD3200KS-00PFB0

DATE :26 dec 2006

DCM: DHBHCA2AHN

THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT FOR ME WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF ACTUALLY FINDING AN IDENTICAL DRIVE?

im sorry what do you mean???
I think @wataboutwar must check the line with DCM:xxxxxxxxx

IIRC, the DCM code is a description of the component configuration used. I doubt it will have any effect on how well a board swap will work for you. The model number is the key consideration. That needs to match exactly.

BTW, you don't need a clean room to do the board swap. Grounded work surface and tools, T8 torx bit, and the donor board are all you need.

I'm in France. I think the shipping to Australia would be prohibitively expensive since international postal rates are very high here. Also, I should apologize as my comment wasn't intended to offer one of my drives for sale. I was just pointing out that this revision number appears to be common so you should have no difficulty finding one locally. In the worst case, you could find one from the U.S. which has relatively cheap international shipping fares. Dave Bell's e-bay link might be a good start if you go that route.

hey mate well i would love to buy one off you where are you? and how much do you want for one?
I have two WD3200KS-00PFB0 drives in my system as well. Fortunately for you, it appears these are a common revision number.

hey thanks mate :D

IIRC, the DCM code is a description of the component configuration used. I doubt it will have any effect on how well a board swap will work for you. The model number is the key consideration. That needs to match exactly.

BTW, you don't need a clean room to do the board swap. Grounded work surface and tools, T8 torx bit, and the donor board are all you need.