TrueDis

IBM Deathstar settlement

Has anyone heard anything about the IBM Deskstar (aka Deathstar) 75GXP settlement? I submitted my claims long ago, and after fighting with the attorneys (who seem to be working for IBM rather than the class members), I got both of my claims approved. Now I've just been waiting and waiting for the $200 to come, but it appears this settlement is never going to happen. I called the attorneys' office and they told me they are "still waiting to hear" about the settlement, whatever that means. Has anyone else heard anything? I want justice!

I had one of the 40g deathstars but an oem model so I doubt if it is covered by any settlement, made the infamous deathstar click of death eventualy. I had since forgotten about the settlement..... let me know how goes it.

They were fast mothers in their day though.

Typically american. Wasting so much time for so little money. When I got tired of returning dead 75 GXP's I demanded drives from another series and got them. Bigger as well :-)

But the 75 GXP's were about the fastest to be had, that's true.

Thanks HMTK. For your reference, I attempted to get the drives replaced with other models, but instead received about 5 replacement *refurbished* 75GXPs from IBM. I think the compensation is due.