Ron_Jeremy

making a dvd audio disc

I'm using the trial version of Audio DVD Creator. For audio quality, I have some settings to pick from:

1. AC3 2.0 ch (choice of 96 kbps - 640 kbps)

2. AC3 5.1 ch (choice of 224 kbps - 640 kbps) *I assume this is surround sound, of which I have no interest

3. PCM 48 kHz (choice of 16 bit or 24 bit)

6. PCM 96 kHz (choice of 16 bit or 24 bit)

What option would sound best (I'm guessing PCM 96/24), & are there any drawbacks to picking this option? Audio sources are .wav files (not mp3's) ripped from my CD's using Exact Audio Copy w/secure.

I'm using the trial version of Audio DVD Creator. For audio quality, I have some settings to pick from:

1. AC3 2.0 ch (choice of 96 kbps - 640 kbps)

2. AC3 5.1 ch (choice of 224 kbps - 640 kbps) *I assume this is surround sound, of which I have no interest

3. PCM 48 kHz (choice of 16 bit or 24 bit)

6. PCM 96 kHz (choice of 16 bit or 24 bit)

What option would sound best (I'm guessing PCM 96/24), & are there any drawbacks to picking this option? Audio sources are .wav files (not mp3's) ripped from my CD's using Exact Audio Copy w/secure.

CD's are only PCM 44.1khz / 16bit. Using anything higher would be a waste since you cant invent extra sound fidelity. AC3 would involve encoding, which probably isn't worth it.

If there isnt a 44.1khz / 16bit option, 48khz is closest, but still has to be converted which may lose audio quality.

I think I tried that programlast year @ 16/48 which the program converted the audiofiles to (used wave files) and the result was rather terrible since the audioquality become much poorer.