Sign in to follow this  
Ron_Jeremy

Any Vista Business users?

If there's anyone out there running the Business version of Vista, 32bit or 64bit, can you please install DVDShrink & tell me if the program runs. It does not work on my PC, & a few users on the DVDShrink forums are now beginning to suspect that Business Vista may be lacking files/features/etc necessary for it to work. I'd like to confirm with someone else running Vista Business if this app runs on their setup. Please specify if you're running 32bit or 64bit.

If there's anyone out there running the Business version of Vista, 32bit or 64bit, can you please install DVDShrink & tell me if the program runs. It does not work on my PC, & a few users on the DVDShrink forums are now beginning to suspect that Business Vista may be lacking files/features/etc necessary for it to work. I'd like to confirm with someone else running Vista Business if this app runs on their setup. Please specify if you're running 32bit or 64bit.

It works fine in my box with windows ultimate 32bit version. What does DVDShrink do?

DVDDecrypter does not work on my box.

DVD Decrypter works fine on my 32bit Ultimate but I have not tried DVDShrink. I know Vista is very finnicky(sp?), but do the different versions interact differently with certain programs? If I can get my new laptop drive working properly, I plan on installing my vista Business upgrade onto it for dual-boot.

I think he's specifically asking about Business because Business doesn't have all the 'media' features that Home or Ultimate have. He is wondering if DVDShrink requires some of the 'media' features.

I can say that I found out that Handbrake doesn't work on 64-bit Ultimate.

Ok, I formatted & reinstalled Vista Business x64 & DVDShrink works fine. Previously, I had disabled a stinker load of services & performed registry hacks to 'trim some fat'. I guess something along the way messed up with DVDShrink. All good now :)