Sign in to follow this  
sram

Okay, I'm building a new box. Speed & Snappiness is what I wan

What do you guys think about the GA-965P-DQ6 mobo? I think I'll most likely get this one.

The next generation mobo's are out (p35 chipset), and they have a better storage controller than the previous generation. ICH9 vs ICH8 (If you want to see a review look at Anandtech). Only "con" is slightly more expensive then the older boards.

Much more stable especially for quad core overclocking (higher stable OC possible - you mentioned you were thinking a quad core with slight overclock - I would wait until July 22 price drop $266USD for Q6600)

Either:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6

Asus P5K Deluxe

Cheers :)

How about the Asus P5W DH Deluxe? Although I dislike the BIOS. I have always been an Award BIOS fan.

Price drop on July 22nd?????????????? really? We just had price drops! I would definitely wait if that's the case, that's one huge drop!

Thanks

How about the Asus P5W DH Deluxe? Although I dislike the BIOS. I have always been an Award BIOS fan.

Price drop on July 22nd?????????????? really? We just had price drops! I would definitely wait if that's the case, that's one huge drop!

Thanks

Quadcores don't overclock as well with the P5WDH Deluxe. If you don't overclock it I'm sure it would be fine.

Yes Intel July 22 Price Cuts

You can a quad core for what you're paying for a dual core now. Have fun AMD :)

Your choice of OS sucks; XP 64? I wouldn't advise it unless you already own it (& my apologies if you do). If you want a 64bit OS from MS, Vista Business is the way to go.

I totally disagree, Windows XP x64 is very good and more stable than 32bits version, if you are not troubled by some unavailable drivers (some webcams, tv capture cards, ...) it's the way to go. Personally I have been extremely disappointed by Vi$ta, and I would certainly not recommend the 64bit version of it at the moment for various reasons including poor driver support, requirement for signed drivers, ...

Only thing to check is if your hardware has drivers for XP64, I had problems with one webcam not being supported, I just bought another one for 20$.