Mister_tad

FS: Areca 1220 - UK

We all know what an Areca 1220 is I'm sure, but anyway...

PCI-E 8x, works in a good number of desktop SLI boards in the "other" graphics slot

8 Port SATAII, proper hadware RAID

128MB onboard cache, IOP333 processor

Its around 6 months old, and has had light use, selling it as it hasnt really been used recently (I have another 1220 in my main system that gets used all of the time, but I'm selling all of the bits out of the spare system)

Will sell and post within the UK only

Cheapest I can find is £380 from www.scan.co.uk

Asking £260 including royal mail special delivery via a bank transfer

I have lots of positive feedback on ebay, and have been selling stuff on bit-tech forums (forums.bit-tech.net) for a long time where many can attest to my reliability if needs be.

price drop to £230 inc postage, sensible offers will be considered

Hello,

I'm interested in getting one of these. We have two at work.

Can you clarify where this was sourced from and its warranty status.

Have you managed to source backup battery unit for these units ? If so, where from, how much. Scan didn't want to bother replying to my requests about this previously (ditto for Hamiltone).

What kit is included (i.e. cables, etc, backplates). I seem to recall one of our units at work being shipped only with the half height pci slot cover - not much use (and w/o it, not very secure) in a full height system.

They seemed happy and speedy enough with Raptors.

Mike...

Hello,

I'm interested in getting one of these. We have two at work.

Can you clarify where this was sourced from and its warranty status.

Have you managed to source backup battery unit for these units ? If so, where from, how much. Scan didn't want to bother replying to my requests about this previously (ditto for Hamiltone).

What kit is included (i.e. cables, etc, backplates). I seem to recall one of our units at work being shipped only with the half height pci slot cover - not much use (and w/o it, not very secure) in a full height system.

They seemed happy and speedy enough with Raptors.

Mike...

This card is from scan, around 8 months old - The warranty period is 1 year with scan and 3 years with Areca, so either way you're covered.

have a look at www.webconnexxion.com for the battery backup - £75

You could also try www.tmc-uk.com. These guys are a nice lot, sold me my first 1220 for a very reasonable price when the only other UK retailer was Insight (who wanted an arm and 2 legs at the time, and still are asking £500)

There is a full height bracket on the card. 6 drives were attached to the card, so I've got 6x 1m SATA cables handy for it.

Lovely card, and speedy indeed. I'm selling it because this one of two 1220s I have, but I no longer have a use for both.

Edited by Mister_tad

I've had a dig through my box of endless bits and I've found everything that the retail pack comes with...

8x 1m SATA cables, 90deg connector on one end and a straight ClickConnect on the other

passive replacement heatsink (active heatsink fitted)

low profile bracket (full height fitted)

manual

driver/software CD

pretty box