Sign in to follow this  
pandabear

Installing W2K from CD, with promise FastTrak

The configuration is as followed:

2 7200rpm PATA drives (recycled 120GB), connected to Promise FastTrak 100 as stripped

1 PATA cdrom connected to MOBO Secondary Master

1 1.44MB floppy connected to MOBO

Try to boot Win2K installation CD to install, and press F6 for SCSI driver, but it couldn't find driver on the floppy. I tried downloading the driver again and again, from Promise, and still couldn't find it.

The same driver works fine if I install windows on a single HD connected to MoBo, and have a stripped array connected to promise.

Any suggestion on what may be wrong?

The configuration is as followed:

2 7200rpm PATA drives (recycled 120GB), connected to Promise FastTrak 100 as stripped

1 PATA cdrom connected to MOBO Secondary Master

1 1.44MB floppy connected to MOBO

Try to boot Win2K installation CD to install, and press F6 for SCSI driver, but it couldn't find driver on the floppy. I tried downloading the driver again and again, from Promise, and still couldn't find it.

The same driver works fine if I install windows on a single HD connected to MoBo, and have a stripped array connected to promise.

Any suggestion on what may be wrong?

Can you make sure the file 'txtsetup.oem' is included in the root directory of the floppy? As well as any driver-relevant .sys files.

A related note: if you haven't already done so, create a slipstreamed SP4 installation CD and use that to install from. A whole lotta bugs were fixed between the original 1999 release and SP4.

A related note: if you haven't already done so, create a slipstreamed SP4 installation CD and use that to install from. A whole lotta bugs were fixed between the original 1999 release and SP4.

That's a great idea. Can I also slipstream drivers into the CD?

Can you make sure the file 'txtsetup.oem' is included in the root directory of the floppy? As well as any driver-relevant .sys files.

Yes, that is the problem. Got it fixed now, thanks.

Another question. When I slipstreamed the SP4, the new CD I created will prompt me to insert the SP4 disk if I use it to boot and install windows. I only slipstreamed the i386 directory. Do I need to do more?

Edited by pandabear