Sign in to follow this  
Wizard

2ms G-G response time LCDs.

I saw a demo of this 940BF and looked up specs for 940BF and really like it.

Ok, is these panels still 6 bit design like the prior older fast ms response LCDs were? (8ms to 20ms range).

Cheers, Wizard

xbit-labs and a few others have pretty good reviews-- I;'d check them out.

LCDs with 2ms response use response time compensation to get the changes done that fast; IIRC the 940BF has pretty horrendous overshoot from the RTC, you should look at the Viewsonic VX922 and its brethen instead.

The fastest true 8-bit/channel designs are only down to 8ms, I think. My Samsung 204B's are TN-based panels rated at 5ms that Samsung specs at 24-bit, but I've been unable to confirm if the panel really is 8-bit/channel. (if it is 6-bit and dithering, it's some of the damned best dithering I've seen... eeek...)

More thinking and clues finally got google gave up info I wanted to see.

Currently all TN-based panels are 6 bit. The 940BF is 6bit with RTC and dithered, also FRC. There are other TN models did without FRC.

I'll keep looking. The local store only have 940BF, the VG922 not here.

Either I wait for SED or hyperfast LCD panel around 0.5ms except

my 4 years old samsung 793MB is finally getting dimmer.

Cheers, Wizard

I don't own an LCD nor am I intending to buy one. But I'm just wondering, how noticeable is the difference between a 2ms gray to gray response time and a 8ms gray to gray response time, on a similar speced display of course (comparing a 8bit one to a 6bit one doesn't make any sense). Do you still see ghosting or what?