Sign in to follow this  
RealSkyDiver

Impossible to install Raid0 on WinXP?!

I enabled RAID on BIOS, made RAID0 and instaled the RAID driver on windows but it still can't find the RAID0????????????

It does display the RAID0 array on BIOS. Does that mean that it's not possible to make RAID0 ond WinXP SP2???? I

I instaled the driver after win coudln't find any hdd and asks me a question (can't remember it anymore) where I have to press S. At the begining of the instalation is says that I have to press F6 but nothings happen when I make that. It's just ignoring that and goes on with the setup...

I'm using ASUS M2N-SLI deluxe.

I setup RAID 0 boot on WinXP for a long time with various hardware controllers. Also RAID 5 boot on WinXP.

BTW, depending on you RAID card and maybe even your motherboard, sometimes you have to strip out all other hard drives and other storage devices except your RAID, CD/DVD, and floppy just to get WinXP to install properly and completely onto the RAID. Once it starts booting up on XP RAID and XP is fully installed on the RAID, you can add back what ever other storage you want to use.

I enabled RAID on BIOS, made RAID0 and instaled the RAID driver on windows but it still can't find the RAID0?

Let me verify that I understood you correctly: you have a working WinXP install. You created a RAID-0 array and loaded the driver onto the working windows install. Now the array does not show up in "My Computer".

Have you checked disk management?

It does display the RAID0 array on BIOS. Does that mean that it's not possible to make RAID0 ond WinXP SP2?
certainly not. Provided that you have the correct driver, WinXP SP2 will support pretty much anything.
I instaled the driver after win coudln't find any hdd and asks me a question (can't remember it anymore) where I have to press S.

If you are talking about a new windows install, you will need to hit F6 at the beginning of the install in order to have windows LOAD the driver.

At the begining of the instalation is says that I have to press F6 but nothings happen when I make that. It's just ignoring that and goes on with the setup...
If nothing happens and you have a floppy with your "driver" in the drive then the driver is not in the correct format. There has to be a OEMSETUP.TXT on the floppy and a bunch of INF files.

You may want to consult this:

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32751

which is the top result on google, when searching for:

"how to install windows on nforce raid"