ChromeBeauty

Can't we restructure this forum?

Yep. Definately not enough traffic to split up this forum.

The Storage Review forums USED to be split into more categories, but the traffic just wasn't there to support it. And there has not been any significant changes in traffic to warrant a redesign of the forums.

The other site I regularly visit, Ars Technica, is much busier. Even Other Hardware, which is one of the less busy fora there gets more traffic than all of Computing here.

If the forum were to split, there would need to be enough traffic in each category to keep each sub-forum alive - if a forum gets little traffic, people stop reading and posting.

TBH, I don't find SR's computing forum too onerous to keep up with, with regular visits. I can see how it would be more of a problem for the occasional visitor, having to go through several pages to find the threads they were following. But at current traffic levels, they'd have to be away for quite a while for that to happen.

I'm happy with the way things are, but if more people are in favour of a split, sing out! Suggested categories would also be useful, but I don't imagine this would split into more than two or three sub-forums (Sub-fora?).

I never have a problem keeping up, I think a split would just confuse things, I like SR for its simplicity, and I do not visit highly categorized forums. ;)

u may trash this newcomer opinion if you want, but as a new user that ended here looking for info about new seagate perpendicular i really find this forum below my espectations judging from the title of the web, i dont want anyone to take this as an offense i mean that when i came here i though i would find a forum categorized under different hdd manufacturers and instead of that theres a forum where u have from a guy asking about a pendrive to another about a problem burning cd, if specialization can push a site into succes i would suggest you to keep up with visitors expectations and create hdd only forum at least, and if u find it usefull then separate different manufacturers but i really think u should separate hdd forum from the rest

all i read here is that old users here are happy whith wht they have because they r used to the workflow but maybe this is not the they smarter way to look at the question if u want to get more ppl on this forums

sorry for the double post didnt know about edit limit

maybe we can just split the forum in half, one for all things related to hard drives, storage arrays, etc. pretty much the main topic of this site, then another sub category for everything else?

u may trash this newcomer opinion if you want, but as a new user that ended here looking for info about new seagate perpendicular i really find this forum below my espectations judging from the title of the web, i dont want anyone to take this as an offense i mean that when i came here i though i would find a forum categorized under different hdd manufacturers and instead of that theres a forum where u have from a guy asking about a pendrive to another about a problem burning cd, if specialization can push a site into succes i would suggest you to keep up with visitors expectations and create hdd only forum at least, and if u find it usefull then separate different manufacturers but i really think u should separate hdd forum from the rest

I don't mean to offend you by this, but I find it ironic that someone is complaining about the organization and clarity of this forum by posting a giant one run-on sentence post that itself is difficult to decipher.

I agree with the others, this site doesn't get enough traffic to warrant splitting up the categories. The SEARCH feature is your friend.

Leave it as is. We don't need another forum catering to a more specific facet of computing. However, I wouldn't mind if a new forum was created solely for the "...my RAID0 setup only benches xMB/s..." posts. Name this forum No one gives a stinker.

Leave it as is. We don't need another forum catering to a more specific facet of computing. However, I wouldn't mind if a new forum was created solely for the "...my RAID0 setup only benches xMB/s..." posts. Name this forum No one gives a stinker.

:D:D:D Agree 100%!

Another brief newbie opinion... I found this one centralized forum very helpful, as I only had one set of threads to browse though. My vote, like the majority of others, would be to keep things as-is.

Edited by jeffesonm