RLBUHT

How big is your array?

Hi everyone. Just out of idle curiosity I was wondering how large evryone's arrays are, what theyre used for, how much is used up, how you back them up etc?

Im mainly asking because I have a TB server, and have alot of space left.

Screenshots of drive management would be good too.

Hopefully we can all chip in and make a good post.

Thanks, Phil.

No array here... just individual disks.

I think it's 700GB or so.

Typical array in a product here is on Linux, four RAID5's with four disks each for 750GB~1200GB effective space per array is the typical largest; the arrays are partitioned and mounted in a single store.

Dude! That's like asking how big my johnson is and what I use if for...somethings are just private...ya know? :D

I will have a 1.5 TB array set up very soon...

I have two.

The "old" one is four 250gb Maxtor PATA drives on a 3ware 7450 controller in RAID5, about 700GB usable.

The "new" one is five 500gb Seagate SATA drives on a 3ware 9500S-8 controller in RAID5, about 1800GB usable.

About 1500gb of space is DVD ISO's waiting to be watched.

Well I have Windoze/programs on a 36GB disk, & every bit of data/apps that I own stored on a 73GB disk. All your arrays are belong to me! :lol:

Hi everyone. Just out of idle curiosity I was wondering how large evryone's arrays are, what theyre used for, how much is used up, how you back them up etc?

I have a 4.x TB array made up of 15 300 gig drives on a 3ware 9550SX-16 that's used as a backup server/archival storage server.

When it works, reads are around 600 meg per second, and writes are around 200 meg per second.

Backups are done onto a 160gb DLT-V4 tape drive, and there's a 16 slot autoloader DLT-V4 for importing backups from our other facilities.

No array, just single disks to. Four 250 gig Hitachi drives. Two T7K250 on the integrated ATA 100 channels, one drive per channel, both used for paging, primary for boot and some programs, secondary for more programs. Two 7K250 on USB 2.0 to IDE adapters (inside the computer) on internal USB 2.0 connection on Adaptec USB Connect 2.0 PCI adapter, one used for My Documents, other used only for Ghost Backups. Total about 928 gb. I want to upgrade but figure I will skip 500 gb drives generation all together and upgrade to four 750 gig or 1 tb drives when they are available. :)

At present I have three 2 TB Arrays set up for a total of 6 base 10 terrabytes on my home server. All of my original software images are on it. I have about 1.33TB of DVD movie images on it. 500G of High Definition content streams. All of my digital photos and what home movies I've gathered are also on it. A small amount is taken up by downloaded patches and demo software. Last I checked I have about 3TB remaining to fill up.

Free

No arrays, just single disks... (3x 36GB 10K.6 + 1x 120GB 7200.7)

How big is your array? Is that code or something?

<_<

Just remember, "it's not how big it is, it's how you use it", (and if any female tells you that, then they are lying, as all females do believe that size matters - size of your bank balance that is). :P

i have a 900 gig array (raid 10) with six maxtor 300 drives.

Hey, freeborn, how many dvd rips are contained on the array?

SCSa

I'm not sure, I will try to remember to count tonight.

Free

My storage is utter and complete overkill. 200 GB of which 60 GB is free ;)
But it is when you do hit 75% that performance degrades, so 135GB (200GB formats to about 195?) or about 2/3 full now, no?

Performance? I've got 20 GB free on my 40 GB (37 GB formatted) OS disk and about 43 GB free on my 160 GB data disk (150 GB formatted). My data doesn't do much except sit around there so I probably wouldn't notice much difference between a crawling 5400 rpm drive and the latest 15kwhatever. As long as I can defrag my OS I'm happy.

Individual disks right now:

8 x 300G Maxtor PATA 16M

2 x 250G WD

11 x 200G - Mostly Maxtor/WD

9 x 160G WD

8 x 120G WD

2 x 100G WD

2 x 74G WD Raptor

Total: 7,848G

Amount used - Approx 4,200G

-DC