Sign in to follow this  
amdoverclocker2

15K.4 Firmware Update

I have 28 15K.4s that I need to update the firmware on. The only problem is that they are OEMs from Dell. Dell said that any old Seagate firmware update will work for these drives. I cant get the firmware update from Seagate because they are OEM.. damn them. Does anyone have the latest firmware update for these drives?

I have 28 15K.4s that I need to update the firmware on. The only problem is that they are OEMs from Dell. Dell said that any old Seagate firmware update will work for these drives. I cant get the firmware update from Seagate because they are OEM.. damn them. Does anyone have the latest firmware update for these drives?

Have you tried the sea-tools package (or whatever it's called now)? It should be able to install the latest firmware. If it doesn't, what error does it give you?

Frank

Maybe you could wander over to a local computer store and borrow a serial number from there... One with older firmware would probably be better, but Fry's here still has the 15k.3 on display and that's just too old.

There are some sites that provide drivers download, maybe are they some providing firmwares, or would that be against the regulations?

I have seen the firmware for third-party download and would not trust it. Could be virused or even a drive recovery service or competing manufacturer trying to drum up sales by posting bogus firmware :( Besides, it's probably not the latest.

Edited by bfg9000