lufthansen

Jagged little pill

Have a look at this

http://www.camera-eye.com/misc/images/jagged.htm

...and please tell me what's going on.

I've done all the troubleshooting I can think of, without being able to get rid of the jagging. It's not a permanent jagging, but it gives me headache (literally) whenever it reappears.

Thanks in advance :blink:

Have a look at this

http://www.camera-eye.com/misc/images/jagged.htm

...and please tell me what's going on.

I've done all the troubleshooting I can think of, without being able to get rid of the jagging. It's not a permanent jagging, but it gives me headache (literally) whenever it reappears.

Thanks in advance :blink:

Do both computers drive the monitor at the same refresh rate and resolution? I have seen other forms of distortion on a KVM due to too high numbers for these parameters.

Do both computers drive the monitor at the same refresh rate and resolution? I have seen other forms of distortion on a KVM due to too high numbers for these parameters.

Both run on same frequency (60hz) and res(1600x1200). The ok computer has a geforce fx5700le. The flickering one has the asus ati.

I have seen this when I use a 15 pin VGA cable extension without magnets on both ends and too high of a refresh rate.

Most likely the KVM is having interference issue with your refresh rate, or like I said, you have a bad cable.

..if this is an Ati compability issue, what card should I try instead? I'm not a gamer, but I need something that can do heavy photoshop and video editing. The card should fit on an AsusTek NCCH-DL mobo...

How often are we talking, once a month, once a day, once an hour?

I assume you've taken the KVM out of the equation and directly connected the monitor to the problematic card?

Did the problem still occur then?