Sign in to follow this  
WB

Best Laser Printer Under $400?

I'm looking for a good laser printer under $400. I was going to get the Xerox Docuprint P1210 but right as I was about to order it the model got discontinued and is not available anywhere. I'd like for it to be linux compatible if possible. Any info would be appreciated.

Whit

I've had some problem printing PDF files, especially the "fillable forms", with HL1650's PCL driver. Fonts were not being rendered. Switching to PS driver solved the problem, but that disables duplex printing I think.

I bought one of those off of Amazon and the printer has been great. I haven't had it for long so I don't know about the PDF issue. Did some research and it's the best value hands down.

Perhaps I should clarify. The problem with PCL + PDF only occurs when printing over LAN. I'm sharing the HL1650 from a Win2K machine, and everyone prints to it. So beware of the combination of PCL + PDF + LAN. If you don't plan install the HL1650 as a shared printer then it's not a problem. I wrestled with the problem for a few days before giving up and going with the postscript driver. Aside from the little driver problem, it gives a lot of bang for the buck.