Sign in to follow this  
geofftech

Raptor Firmware

I wished SR would have tested the Raptor FLA2 firmware when it debuted. Has anyone benchmarked the FLA2 firmware and compared w/ the newest ?

Although that topic is years old:

The tech support told me once that FLC0 and FLA2 are the same and that FLC0 is used on the RoHS-compliant drives.

I can just tell you what WD tech support told me. The answer is from the Raptor product manager.

A2/C0 code is the latest revision for the Raptor 74Gb line. A2 is the designated code for Raptors that were built before we moved to ROHS compliancy across our entire product line. C0 is exactly the same code with the addition of ROHS compliance on the hardware level.

and

...almost all firmware upgrades only are developed to fix specific OEM-related issues and have nothing to do with performance. In recent memory, the only time we've had a firmware upgrade is on Raptor 74Gb to upgrade to the A1 code from A0.

HTH

I can just tell you what WD tech support told me. The answer is from the Raptor product manager.
A2/C0 code is the latest revision for the Raptor 74Gb line. A2 is the designated code for Raptors that were built before we moved to ROHS compliancy across our entire product line. C0 is exactly the same code with the addition of ROHS compliance on the hardware level.

and

...almost all firmware upgrades only are developed to fix specific OEM-related issues and have nothing to do with performance. In recent memory, the only time we've had a firmware upgrade is on Raptor 74Gb to upgrade to the A1 code from A0.

HTH

How about FLA1 Vs. FLA2? I just one from RMA about a month or two back, 74GB drive also.

Can't halp you with that one. However from my experience A1 drives seem to have problems with TCQ enabled what I didn't notice with A2. But that's just speculation.