Every time I start or restart XP I have to click on the picture even when not using a password. Is there any way to set it so I don't have to click on the picture? My account is Computer administrator.

If you are the only user (or the only account), usually this need to click the picture was created when you update your Windows XP to include Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. Microsoft by default chose to create an extra account on your system when you install that update named ASP .NET. All you need to do is simply delete this account and your problem should go away. Mind you, only if this is your problem, which it sounds like it.

If you are the only user (or the only account), usually this need to click the picture was created when you update your Windows XP to include Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. Microsoft by default chose to create an extra account on your system when you install that update named ASP .NET. All you need to do is simply delete this account and your problem should go away. Mind you, only if this is your problem, which it sounds like it.

Yes, I did download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. You say it's all right to delete that account?

Absolutely perfectly alright, just another Microsoft ploy to get their software out there.

Thanks!

This is off topic, but if you don't mind, how can I enable Auto Play? I'd like my burned CD and DVD to load automatically to see the content.

Absolutely perfectly alright, just another Microsoft ploy to get their software out there.

Thanks!

This is off topic, but if you don't mind, how can I enable Auto Play? I'd like my burned CD and DVD to load automatically to see the content.

When I clicked to delete the account, I was asked about saving files. Should I keep the files or delete them as well? I think it was desktop and My Document files.

Delete them, if yov've never used the account, then all there are folders, so you should delete them as it would help prevent useless folders from being present.

Not at all. The easiest way is to open 'My Computer,' select the drive you want AutoPlay on, then goto 'Properties' of that drive, goto the 'AutoPlay' tab, and then select the action you want for each specific type of file or media that is in the drive.

Delete them, if yov've never used the account, then all there are folders, so you should delete them as it would help prevent useless folders from being present.

Not at all. The easiest way is to open 'My Computer,' select the drive you want AutoPlay on, then goto 'Properties' of that drive, goto the 'AutoPlay' tab, and then select the action you want for each specific type of file or media that is in the drive.

Mike, thanks for all your help!