Guest Eugene

Seagate Momentus 7200.1 SATA

Guest Eugene

StorageReview's recent notebook drive roundup has opened the door to individual 2.5" drive reviews. First up is a look at the SATA version of the Momentus 7200.1. Featuring a native serial design coupled with mechanics identical to that of the version reviewed in our earlier roundup, the ST910021AS targets SATA-capable notebooks as well as light-duty blade servers and SFF PCs. Come with us as we examine.

Seagate Momentus 7200.1 SATA Review

I believe the "review discussion" link should point to this thread, now it points to the thread about the Raptor...

It's worth thining about making a small PC with a single SATA drive of this kind and putting the PC I now use with a lot of noisy drives into the closet and calling it a server instead...

Anyway thanks, a much better review than that on X-bit labs where they compared it to Hitachi 7k60 which is OLD...

Edited by Laglorden2

Guest Eugene
I believe the "review discussion" link should point to this thread, now it points to the thread about the Raptor...

Thanks, fixed.

good info, thx. BTW regarding some of the graphs it would be nice to see a consistent scale used between articles and preferably one always starting at the same point. eg, the noise level graphs in these two artciles use different scales:

http://www.storagereview.com/articles/2005...910021AS_6.html

http://www.storagereview.com/articles/2006...1500ADFD_7.html

as an example of how it affects your customers - reading the ST910021AS review - I apreciate you want to be able to visually represent a difference between the drives but at first glance the scale could potentially mislead readers into thinking there is a 'big' difference between the noise performance of the drives when there is only an almost impercievable 2.3 decibels between the worst and best drives, and 0.4 decibals between first and second; I don't know if there is a any margin of error.

all the best

ewart

... I didn't see in the thread; how to disable NCQ with the Seagate Momentus drives?

I am going to do some searching, but thought I would also express appreciation for the review.