36 members have voted

1. 1. Fave HDD Company?

• Western Digital
    • Seagate
    • Maxtor
    • Samsung
    • Hitachi
    • Other

hey guys, new here. i'm currently looking into buying some new sata hard drives but i'm not sure which company i should go for. what company's hard drives do YOU guys recommend. what's in your machines right now?

i already read SR's reviews but i'd like to know what you guys like to stick with. i'm looking purely for reliability since i would like my drives to last long and not die on me.

any information will help. i just need a second opinion. thanks in advance. :)

I think I'm beginning to hate these threads even more than the "what are the best disks for RAID N" threads.

It's times like this that make me so happy I run Linux --although I'm going to avoid Sony CDs on general principle.

I've been happy with Samsung's latest SATA offerings in terms of reliability, so I voted for them. As far as drives I have in my machines I have a wide variety:

2x WD Caviar 80GB PATA

1x WD Caviar 120GB PATA

1x Maxtor Maxline III 300GB SATA

2x Hitachi T7K250's 250GB SATA

1x Samsung spin point 160GB SATA

cool, thanks to everyone (except for one member) who actually answered my question. helps me a lot. arigatou

Edited by LiK

It's times like this that make me so happy I run Linux --although I'm going to avoid Sony CDs on general principle.

217990[/snapback]

Obviously the above was posted to the wrong thread. Oops :unsure: .

Incidentally, LiK, I did vote. If you'll check the front page and the second page you'll find at least three or four duplicate discussion in as many days --more like seven or eight in all likelihood. It's ridiculous.