agoia

Your boss wants to silently read your emails

A couple of days ago my boss - i'm working at a small-medium company - called me and asked if i can forward to him all incoming (and maybe outgoing) employees messages.

I told him that I will "study" the probelm.

Of course, there is nothing to study, this can be done, but i was wondering if this is moral.

I really need your opinion.

A couple of days ago my boss - i'm working at a small-medium company - called me and asked if i can forward to him all incoming (and maybe outgoing) employees messages.

I told him that I will "study" the probelm.

Of course, there is nothing to study, this can be done, but i was wondering if this is moral.

I really need your opinion.

216717[/snapback]

I think the boss probably has the legal right to read the e-mail, but if the company policy doesn't restrict what employees can use the computer for, thing may get a little more questionable as to the morality of the situation.

I take it your boss isn't very busy, or there's very little e-mail traffic if he has time to read all of it.

Depends on the law of whatever country/state you live in. IMO if someone is using resources af a company, the company decides how those resources are used. If the company says no personal email, then there's no personal email - only for work. However, it has to be made clear to employees what they can do, what the consequences will be and in your case, that other people can read their email. Nothing wrong with the boss playing Big Brother if everyone knows this. If employees want to use email privately they should use anoher emailclient or webmail for personal mail.